ATX Community

ATX Email Survey

beckster

I feel I need to get paid for doing CCH's research. My point is if they don't how to write a good program with great features why are they asking me to take my time (read money) and help them. The last time I did one of those survey (in depth) I made 24 suggestions. 23 of the suggestion were implemented. Now, I know I was not the only one making the suggestions. The program was sure nice for one year. Why one year? The Company sold out....

I sell knowledge, and I see a benefit to me if I help with the program, however, without some assurances that:

1. The suggestion well seriously be considered.

2. The ATX program well survive.

3. And the programmers that CCH has put in charge of product design are removed. This is a huge complain of mine.

So, I am not doing the survey.

Obviously we are all upset with the CCH handling of ATX since the aquisition. And although I am skeptical that they will really address our issues, they can't if we don't take the time to let them know what they are.

Haven't filled it out myself but do intend on it. Also, if the survey does not give us a place to complain, there is a place to email them on there site with sutgestions etc. I have been an avid user of this suggestion box and suggest everyone and I mean everyone do the same. They can't hear us if we don't talk to them.

Also, I think it is a good idea to let them know our concerns without attacking. Suggestions are usually taken better than demands and attacks.

Let's not stoop to the level they have maybe we'll get somewhere.

I did not take the survey, but from seeing what others wrote about it I rejplied to their e-mail with the following

"I don't beleive ATX has the gall to ask these questions of their clients. I would never disclose my personal business to anyone.

Besides after what CCH has done to us how can they expect anyone to give them information.

As of now take me off your mailing list, I have had it with ATX and CCH and already ordered next years tax package from some other vendor."

:spaz:

I am still waiting on programs that were included in my purchase last year, and , and note this, I was informed that I would have the programs for use doing the 2008 tax season. Still waiting.....

I ordered the total tax and accounting bundle. Including, all federal, all states, Kleinrock, write-up with T/B and payroll, document manager, unlimited e-filing, and depreciation, all three users versions. I already had the ATX write/up good until December 2008, (by the way no credit for this on purchase).

The depreciation program was single user and can not run on on a network, and wasn't worth the effort to use.. You could do only 2007 depreciation, slow input, no calculation for prior years, etc. I have a couple of client with 500 plus assets and multiple locations. I tried to use the program, but gave up, only because of the total lack of a reasonable implementation in the program. Yes, I sent my complaints to ATX.

I purchased two scanners for use with the document manager, again, the same problems, single user, no net-work. When I think about scanning documents, during tax season, that is a task that can be assigned to say an intern. Do you want your best tax preparer running the scanner during tax season? Networking and multiple user is an absolute must for this type of application, in my opinion.