ATX Community

Client Profile in TRX

Diane

I'm currently evaluation TRX and am inputting an 1120S. So far, so good. But, I would like to put something in the Comments section of the Client Profile and it is grayed out. I can't click in the space or enter any info. Does anyone know why or how I can fix it?

Diane

I tried, but I couldn't do it either.

I'm currently evaluation TRX and am inputting an 1120S. So far, so good. But, I would like to put something in the Comments section of the Client Profile and it is grayed out. I can't click in the space or enter any info. Does anyone know why or how I can fix it?

Diane

It lets me use the comments like any other section. First have to select the business you want to enter a comment for. Then click the comments tab. Then on the bottom it displays two white boxes. A large white box and then a 1-line box below that. You type in the white box below. "Add Comment" will be grayed out until you type something there, at which point the button becomes active and you can push it to add the comment.

It adds the comment to the larger white box and puts in date and time of comment.

It lets me use the comments like any other section. First have to select the business you want to enter a comment for. Then click the comments tab. Then on the bottom it displays two white boxes. A large white box and then a 1-line box below that. You type in the white box below. "Add Comment" will be grayed out until you type something there, at which point the button becomes active and you can push it to add the comment.

It adds the comment to the larger white box and puts in date and time of comment.

I've been using TRX all season and never figured that one out!

Is there some magic to get the detailed list for (e.g.) Real Estate taxes on personal residence to work? Would like to keep detailed record of County, Village, School and Rebates.

I think I need to adjust my monitor....I never noticed the other white box!

Works when you click the plus next to the entry you want. The plus next to line 6 of the Sch A takes you right into that worksheet. I didn't test it, but the table for line 7 of the worksheet looks like it may be expandable to as many lines as you need (otherwise, why would there be scroll arrows?)

Is there some magic to get the detailed list for (e.g.) Real Estate taxes on personal residence to work? Would like to keep detailed record of County, Village, School and Rebates.

You should be able to do a detailed list almost anywhere that allows a direct entry that doesn't have a drill down. Note that this will not affect the printouts/efile transmission, it only will have that list on your system. Good for keeping records so that you can go back a few years and see "Where did that number come from?" Particularly for things like when you have a house bought and sold and adjustments for the property tax allocated to buyer or seller.

However, I'm unable to do one for real estate taxes paid on personal residence (as a workaround you could enter the amount to the "notes"). That would appear to be a bug in the software. You can see how it should work by going to Sch. A, drill down on line 6 into the taxes paid worksheet, click on line 2, then click on the blue circle, finally click on detailed list. Note that you can leave the date or description (or both, but what would be the point of the list then?) blank. So good for when you need to keep records of dates something was paid or write in descriptions for your records.

That was my conclusion also. Some of the detailed lists work, some don't. An annoyance, but not a fatal flaw.

I did discover another workaround for it though. If you enter an amount (Say $1) on the box and then go to detailed list you can enter the list and it will override the $1.