ATX Community

difference in the 2 programs

bstaxes

I am having trouble trying to find out the difference in the 2 programs. The 1 for $299 and the 1 for $699. (I know it is $400 lol). Can both do business returns? I have some 1099 misc, 1041, 1065. I don't know if the 299 does this or I need the 699. I also would like to e-file them. Anybody know. I e-mailed the company and they gave me a web site to go to but I am still confused.

Still checking my options for 2008.

The $299 program is Orrtax (Intellitax). The $699 program is TaxWise. They are completely different programs. The Orrtax demo I have has 1041 and 1065 function, and is supposed to have business efiling by next season. No 1099, so far as I can tell. I don't know if the TaxWise program efiles 1099s, either.

I am having trouble trying to find out the difference in the 2 programs. The 1 for $299 and the 1 for $699. (I know it is $400 lol). Can both do business returns? I have some 1099 misc, 1041, 1065. I don't know if the 299 does this or I need the 699. I also would like to e-file them. Anybody know. I e-mailed the company and they gave me a web site to go to but I am still confused.

• 5 weeks later...

Both programs can do individual, business, and fiduciary forms. Both programs e-file individual returns but only the $699 program can e-file business and fiduciary forms.