ATX Community

Drake Support

Terry D EA

Something very discouraging happened today. I called support to verify that form 7203 is not automatically filed with the return. I don't call support very often and usually don't need to. This all was to put my own mind at ease as I have only done a couple of these forms. My call got placed on hold and I was told I my call would be answered between 35 and 40 minutes. Instead of waiting, I attached the pdf as instructed. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. Back in the day, Sabre Pro, ATX was great. CCH bought them out and, well, we all know what happened. Drake support was fabulous and now a merge or whatever they're calling it, has taken place and the very thing their business was built on is beginning to diminish. I did not object to the price increase this year as it had been a long time since Drake increased prices. It will be interesting to see what happens this year. Big conglomerates seem to ruin good companies.

• Like 1

Today is the tax deadline. It's nearly impossible to hire for your worst couple of days, keep those people employed year round, and still make a profit. I called tech support last week, got answered on the 2nd ring, and had an excellent rep who spent a good twenty minutes with me figuring out a particularly gnarly issue and we got it resolved. 

• Like 3

Catherine, I know. I had to call again today to try to figure out why a NY 2020 was ready to e-file with a green check box, but the button was grayed out. I have always received excellent support. But today, was a bit scary. The rep had an accent and wouldn't take time to listen to what i had to say before offering an answer. I managed to figure it out on my own which was really weird the way the program acted. I just don't want to go down the old ATX road. Remember the days when you called ATX support and got someone on the other side of the pond named Bob or Susie? Gosh that was horrible.

• Like 2

Even if they have not outsourced support, they could still have hired ... insourced? ... support originally from elsewhere. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

On the rare occasion I've gotten someone who I did not think understood my issue, I've thanked them, hung up, and called back to get someone different.

• Like 1

Don't know if this helps or not. I spoke with a long time support agent at Drake this morning. I had a brain fart moment with not getting the partner's information for their capital accounts to show on the K-1. Felt stupid when I was told what to do as I should have known that all along. Anyway, I asked about the changes, they are trying to make sure our support requests get to the right places for better assistance. Normal concerns, they are getting bigger and it is harder to find hep. The normal cry of any business. The support is now attempting to be placed in Tiers. They didn't see anything really happening with Drake heading down the same path as ATX did. We'll see if the price goes up again this year. I guess Mr. Drake still has a lot of input.

• Like 1