ATX Community

Drake seminar on 9/30

Catherine

Hi folks --

I went to the Drake seminar near Boston yesterday. There were about 18 people there, and two folks from Drake. The Drake folks were basically sales folks, but knew the program very well. And one of them also knew quite a bit of tax stuff as well.

Many of the problems I've found with Drake in the past have been addressed to some degree or other. The two big stumbling blocks for me are the same as they've always been, though -- the data entry sheet type input format, and the lack of "drill-down" from the forms. But, it is _much_ easier to toggle back and forth from form view to data entry.

I did like the customizable access for different workers (more important for someone with a larger office than my one-person shop!), and I _really_ liked the many customizable letters (including specific letters for amended returns and many other situations). And the customizations you set up ROLL OVER to the next year.

They do have Form 8821 (tax info disclosure) -- but it's a checkbox on the 2848 entry sheet.

If anyone has specific questions, I'll do my best to answer.

Catherine