ATX Community

Helpful IRS Employees

Lee B

For the most part, I've always been happy with interactions with IRS employees.  I find them much more helpful than companies that send your calls to India. I hung up on a call to Comcast recently as the language barrier was too much for them to even understand what I was asking. 

• Like 3

I limit to some sort of written format when asking for or giving assistance. Verbal assistance has no audit trail and no "standing" if relied on or challenged. For a phone call, you may as well be talking to anyone you randomly dial (unless there is something direct the person can do for you such as send a document).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Medlin Software, Dennis said:

I limit to some sort of written format when asking for or giving assistance. Verbal assistance has no audit trail and no "standing" if relied on or challenged. For a phone call, you may as well be talking to anyone you randomly dial (unless there is something direct the person can do for you such as send a document).

What is your point?   That's not available with the IRS except via snail mail!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kathyc2 said:

For the most part, I've always been happy with interactions with IRS employees.  I find them much more helpful than companies that send your calls to India. I hung up on a call to Comcast recently as the language barrier was too much for them to even understand what I was asking. 

Back in the day, when the PPL was fully staffed, I used to get great service from the IRS employees.   They would listen, tell you what they could and could not due, and what the next steps would be to resolve the taxpayer's issue.   Many times, they would be able to take a faxed document and close the issue over the phone.   It has been a minute since that happened....

Tom
Longview, TX

• Like 3