ATX Community

Partnership K-1 input question

cientax

The partner, I guess, is an attorney in a LLP with other attorneys. For input into the K-1 worksheet purposes, is this a passive activity? I did not check the box for Passive Activity, but when I check the return, I get the message that the K-1 is not linked and additional information is needed. This partner is a General Partner according to the K-1 and I checked the box for General Partner. What other information would be required. The only thing I can think of is the check the box for passive activity.

I checked the return again and when I click on the message it takes me to line 13Q where there is $18000 contribution to a Sep. When I entered the amount on the input sheet, it did not carryover to line 28 of the return. Is there something else I need to do. I did enter this amount on the worksheet for line 28 and it then entered the mount on line 28 of the return but it still tells me that it is not linked.

Does he have other "activities"? Do you have to give this K-1 an activity number to distinguish it from others?

I don't know if there are other activities but this is the only K-1. We now have received an amended K-1 that shows this is not a Geneal Partner but a Limited Partner and some of the amounts were changed also but it has no effect on the input. We now know that this is passise because the partner is a limited partner. Now we get a message that the $18000 contributionn to the SEP exceeds the maximum deductible contribution. Which amounts are used for determining what the compensation is for the computation for the deduction? Since the ordinary income of $102612 is passive and the Guaranteed payments of $24342 are Non Passive, which do we use to determine the deduction amount for the SEP?

It's the message that I get when I check the return and when I click on the message it takes me to the line on the input screen where there is SEP that the message says additional information required because it's not linked. It doesn't appear to be critical because the message is not red, but I don't know.

Thanks.