ATX Community

Good Help Hard to Find

My assistants whine if I don’t cover them up with their blankets in the morning. Or if I don’t go upstairs to work on time! The traffic on the stairway can get a little intense, one likes to race by on the left, the other follows on the right. If I forget to leave space on the left, there can be a backup. Or a collision if I carry my water bottle too low on the right  

Saved from the meat market (really) in China. one has wonky front legs from being hung up for sale. 

image.thumb.jpeg.dbafb1740a5c10d514d045dd94d917e9.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

Thank you for saving them!!!  I cannot believe that those markets still exist.  I don't eat any meat any longer let alone dog.  Different cultures, different values...

The elder generations still eat dog meat.  The younger generations do not, but are not inclined to cause their elders to lose face by making a new law.

We are part of a rescue group, and we are good at foster failing.  (We foster failed twice with human pups too.)

• Like 3

The kittens mother is feral and had a litter of 5 kittens under our deck.  We were able to catch the kittens and then lure the mother into the garage to feed them until we were able to wean them.  Mother went off to a non profit that spayed her and then released her (she was too feral to adopt out).   We kept these two and were able to adopt out the other three.

• Like 5