ATX Community

1041 Form 1116 Loss Carry Forward

GLGACCT

In this estate there are dividends with foreign taxes withheld and stock sold at a loss.  There will be a net loss to the estate. Using 2022 ATX as it is a fiscal year.  Received a red error message:

Form 1116 Schedule B must be attached as a PDF; create the PDF, then from the E-File menu select Attach PDF.

Schedule B looks to be correct and has the correct carryforward into the following year.  Any ideas as to why this error message?

Did you select the correct category of income?  (Passive).   I got that error this year, changed the 1116 to type Passive and it went away.   

I think I had to actually attach a pdf copy of the Sch B last year to make the error go away, which was about the stupidest thing I think a software ever made me do (print the form from our software to pdf and attach it to the return you are efiling from our software).

Tom
Longview, TX

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BulldogTom said:

about the stupidest thing I think a software ever made me do (print the form from our software to pdf and attach it to the return you are efiling from our software).

I think it is a limitation of IRS MeF system, not any of our tax software.

• Like 2