ATX Community

IRS Phone experience

Not bad at all in this case. Calling about a CP 220. The issue, from what was shared by the person on the other end of the phone was not receiving a Q2/23 941, and two Q3/23 941. Whether or not I believe that is not material, they gave me a quick solution (file a copy of the Q2 form, and a Q3 941x.

On the other hand, I don't believe the information was actually accurate, but I did not press (as I usually like to do for "fun"). I suspect they somehow read the Q2 form as for Q3, and the Q3 as a second form (which is absolutely allowed, mult forms for the same time from one FEIN).

The phone rep did know about the lack of free 941 efile, and agreed with me folding 941 into IRIS or similar would be great. She actually listened when I told her what it takes to offer 941 efile (I have explored it several times), and understood why it is not currently free.

Ironically, I will likely be paying someone else to efile these needed items, for expediency.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee B said:

Years ago, the IRS had an interactive phone system where I filed my 941s using the keypad on my desk phone🙂

I remember taking payments to the bank with the voucher.   Then it was the call in to the IRS and we had a "cheat sheet" that told you what you were supposed to enter at each of the prompts.

Ahhhhhh......the good ol' days

Tom
Longview, TX

• Like 1
  • Haha 3