ATX Community

NY IT 2105.9

While one might think this belongs under 'state taxes', it's a software problem.  This client has nonresident NY state income per NY K-1.  It's a BIG return. 

I receive the 'update message' - the tax return contains later versions of the following forms, NY IT-2105.9, year 2023, version required 54, version installed. 

I'm in a time loop - if I click 'update' it attempts to update and comes back to this message.  If I click 'cancel' the return doesn't continue to open. 

Any suggestions?  I hate the idea of deleting the return and starting over for hours of information.  I just duplicated the return, but got no better results.

TIA, Lynn

Lynn,

you probably already looked, but just in case...did the pass-through entity have any kind of statement like "Composite Return has been filed for all qualified non-residents unless indicated otherwise"?  I was stressing about one last year when I realized the partnership had already payed the tax.

• Like 1