ATX Community

ATX Webinar

Mike D

I just sat for 3 hours of ATX torture, approximately 1 full hour was spent on technical difficulties and the remaining 2 hours on topics and issues that are available to all who can read. This was given to me for free upon renewal for 2008. I guess the old adage, "you get what you pay for", is appropriate.

The only possitive outcome is my 3 hours of CPE.

Can't wait till next year!

Happy and healthy holidays to all of you and yours.

Mike Dubin CPA

I agree with Mike. Less than helpful. Booger - You WILL be disappointed. If you need the CPE, keep the schedule. About 5 times during the Webinar You are required to make a multiple choice response. You already know the answers. Suggest you double schedule this time with something productive!

Z

I, too, thought it was a waste of time. My first complaint--and I want everybody to understand I turn on my 'puter and expect it to function the way I want--was the instruction to make sure I was compatible with the Office live meeting software. They forgot to tell me that I would need to download with Internet Explorer. So, I thought I was and I wasn't. The nice guys at CCH got me going only 15 min. into the session.

The actual information wasn't nearly as good as other seminars I have attended, including not having screens with the info she was talking about. disconcerting to not be looking at Sch. C when she is giving info about it. However, I would certainly have preferred to be making Christmas cookies or addressing cards or just about anything rather than wasting time. Maybe it was just me but I was certainly glad I hadn't paid for it. M

I also thought it to be a waste of valuable time, except for the CPE. The method seemed very antiquated, by not seeing what the moderator was talking about. Most of the time it was on a screen that she spoke about 15 minutes earlier. You have to answer about 5 sets of questions to get the CPE credit so you have to stay on if you need it. I hate the constant computer voice stating someone has logged off, very bothersome.. But what can we expect from CCH Small Firm Services???