ATX Community

Installation Question

Terry D EA

I am using a remote office this year and am working strictly off of my laptop. Doing this will prevent me from having to move offices all the time and I can keep the home office up and running during the season and off season. Here is my queston: I am considering installing the ATX program to an external harddrive so it can be used on both machines. I need to put the 2007 program on to rollover the returns and the ton of depreciation that exists. I called tech support and they told me to export and import the 2007 tax returns. Does anyone know of an easier way or is that it.

Any opinions on doing the same thing using a jump drive?

Just curious

Terry D. :scratch_head:

Get two docking stations for your laptop, one for home and one for your office. The docking stations connect your existing monitors, keyboards, printers, and mice. Carry the laptop back and forth and dock it in at each workstation. Backup your laptop daily with your external hard-drive..

This works well for me.

Good luck

I did the export/import thing the year I got a new computer to get the prior year returns there for rollovers. I exported the prior year returns to a flash drive, ran upstairs to my new computer and did an import. Now, I'd installed the prior year program as well as the current year program on the new computer before importing the returns. It was quick and easy and worked perfectly. In fact, it worked so fast that I decided to move even older years' returns, too. All done in minutes.