ATX Community

form won't auto-update

barosser

Form 4562 is version 18 need version 19. I have downloaded the current set of forms and porgram update and opened and reopened the return. Still showing form version 18. any way to force version 19, or do I delete the 4562 and reimput all items in asset entry????

thanks

1.- Duplicate your client.

2.- Make sure you have the version you need by opening a new client and verifying that version 19 of form 4562 is being used on new client.

3.- Associate or link asset entry to a dummy schedule C or schedule E,

4.- discard form 4562,

5.- Save your changes.

6.- Add new form 4562 and associate or link Asset entry to this form.

7.- Discard any dummy schedule C or E created.

Maybe reentering information to Asset entry form is easier. Also keep in mind that this is a work around which can be used if your program is NOT working properly due to installation/update problems, programming mistakes and/or user error. This is not a tested solution.

I'd add that step 2 should actually be step one, since if you do not actually have the right version, you need to fix that first, by doing a manual download of that form. And that might well fix the problem when you reopen the return after making certain you actually do have the 19 installed.