ATX Community

Tax Court Petitions - Forms in ATX?

BulldogTom

:unsure: I am looking for the tax court petition forms in ATX. I can get them online directly from the Tax Court Website, but I would rather have them as part of the client file in ATX. Not having any luck. Does ATX software include the tax court petition.

BTW, the client is divorced. Ex claimed the kids in 2005, but lived with her all year. He filed first, she got a notice of deficiency because she did nothing when the IRS notice of redetermination arrived. It came to me at this late stage, so I am helping her file the petition, knowing that we will get diverted to appeals for resolution. But I still need the client to file the petition to protect her rights.

Tom

Lodi, CA

:unsure: I am looking for the tax court petition forms in ATX. I can get them online directly from the Tax Court Website, but I would rather have them as part of the client file in ATX. Not having any luck. Does ATX software include the tax court petition.

BTW, the client is divorced. Ex claimed the kids in 2005, but lived with her all year. He filed first, she got a notice of deficiency because she did nothing when the IRS notice of redetermination arrived. It came to me at this late stage, so I am helping her file the petition, knowing that we will get diverted to appeals for resolution. But I still need the client to file the petition to protect her rights.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I think you have to get them from the US tax court site. However, you can save them in PDF form. On the site they also create and print out the required number of forms; I think its four.

Joan