ATX Community

An email received from TRX

GeorgeM

Dear TRX Member,

As I am sure you are well aware we are experiencing several issues with TaxWise / CCH and I want to personally apologies for these issues. I want you to know I would have never stayed with TaxWise after they purchased Orrtax\Intellitax if I had any clue this is the way things would turn out.

We have added a lot of phone lines but no matter how many we add they just fill up. Please bear with us we are working with CCH to fix all these issues.

I for one was very skeptical about jTaxjWise and CCH,, when I went to TRX it was to get away from CCH. Go figure :(

I actually choose to go with CrossLink this year. I used IntelliTax direct last year. IntelliTax had so many different packages that depending on who you knew and how long you were there and how many bank products you did, etc... You could get a decent price on the software direct. A lot of the old IntelliTax support now work for CrossLink so I'm dealing with the same people I used to deal with. Not a bad deal. Also much more similar to IntelliTax than TaxWise. I am learning workarounds for new issues. So far I haven't had any real hold times and they're got some crazy 24/7 support hours. So long as I do 200 bank products the software is free, I end up paying $4 per bank product "transmitter fee" but the efiling is free if not doing bank products. I'll probably post a review after season with the strengths/weaknesses/concerns. Unfortunately I don't know anyone selling CrossLink for $300 and think the 200 bank product thing is a 1-year only incentive for IntelliTax customers. Probably too late to get that anyway for new customers, so next year I'm looking at something like $1200 or $1300 (maybe less with early renewal). No forum for CrossLink though. :( I also get the impression there's not as many preparers using it, seems to be more small-scale. For example they don't even have their own business program and resell taxworks for that.

As far as TRX, they got the shaft just like every other IntelliTax user. They're making the best of a bad situation and I commend them for it. My impression is the PIHB at CCH went through with the acquisition without really understanding what it would mean or how they were going to support that many new users who are learning new software right in tax season. Would have been better to waited til after season to make the switch so the customers could spend the summer learning TaxWise.

I don't mind the software. It's got some really quirky things about it (hate the assets for depreciation entry process), hard to see where numbers flow and the statement / notes section at the end of the return is HORRIBLE. Not enough of a pain that I can't get past it but this "email" is worrisome. The lack of information being supplied is just plain scary.

Well, back to work!

I know that TRX has been very busy the past week, since e-filing started up. Their phones are ringing off the hook and they have been looking for ways to better serve their customers. He probably doesn't have much time to himself to get on here, but I see what you're saying David. This would be the first place to post something like that. What caught me by surprise was the content of the email. It seems like it was a rushed decision to send that out and they didn't have time to really think it through.

I know that TRX has been very busy the past week, since e-filing started up. Their phones are ringing off the hook and they have been looking for ways to better serve their customers. He probably doesn't have much time to himself to get on here, but I see what you're saying David. This would be the first place to post something like that. What caught me by surprise was the content of the email. It seems like it was a rushed decision to send that out and they didn't have time to really think it through.

What surprised me about the email was the bad grammer, misspelling and unprofessional tone.