ATX Community

Print Speed on HP 4300

taxit

Is anyone else having an issue with printer speed? I tried to print my 1st 1040 return today ,1040-a-c-se-4562-PA40-c, and it took 8 min before it even started to print. Once it started it printed very fast. In 2007 ATX the same return started in about 15 seconds. Thanks for any info.

Friday's ATX-TV or the "good morning America" version had a piece on this. They indicated the problem is being sporatic and they are asking anyone with the problem to contact them and explain the system set up, the printer, the forms, etc so they can isolate the problem and do a fix.

I sent tech support an email with the information you mentioned right after I read your post. I haven't heard anything yet. It still takes about 8 min before the printer starts to print. After it starts it prints very fast. Someone from the CCH/ATX community said they tried the print driver from a hp1200 and it improved the print start speed. I'm going to give it a try.

Is anyone else having an issue with printer speed? I tried to print my 1st 1040 return today ,1040-a-c-se-4562-PA40-c, and it took 8 min before it even started to print. Once it started it printed very fast. In 2007 ATX the same return started in about 15 seconds. Thanks for any info.

I'm using an HP 4100 and have not had any print issues so far. It seems to start printing right away. Not sure which driver I have though.

Eli

Check your printer settings...mine (Lexmark E250dn) has an option to either "Spool entire print job before printing" or "Begin printing immediately"....If yours has a similar setting, try changing it and see if that helps.