ATX Community

network

TAXMAN

@TAXMAN - It's just one of those "things" that you find ATX cannot handle. Just like batch printing 100's of returns/W2's. Same thing will happen, locks up, freezes up, other documented events are losing all data from each return/W2. There are other "things" you'll find along the way, but then again, you'll always find a work around.

@TAXMAN - It's just one of those "things" that you find ATX cannot handle. Just like batch printing 100's of returns/W2's. Same thing will happen, locks up, freezes up, other documented events are losing all data from each return/W2. There are other "things" you'll find along the way, but then again, you'll always find a work around.

One of those things is I cannot update from a workstation. I have to update from the server. However, out of our 3 workstations, we can all rollover returns without a problem. Go figure . . . . .

Maribeth

Well, I just figure, since tax software is extremely complex, plus having to be rewritten every year, it's amazing that we get such a great program, with the most forms included of any software, at a price on the very low side of the market. So if I have to accept a few inconveniences, that one is a very small price to pay. I just make it a point to update first thing in the morning, plus at lunch time, and again in the evening. Later in the season, I'll do it just once a day, but now I find it's best to get current often, as so many new or improved forms are coming almost hourly.