ATX Community

CA e-file when Fed rejects

Kea

I live in TX and don't do very many state returns, and have not had any problems with the ones I have done.

Thursday morning I sent in a Federal with a CA piggyback. The Fed rejected (I missed a checkbox) that afternoon and I have not received an ack from CA. I have resubmitted the Fed and it is now accepted. What will happen with the CA? Can it be accepted if the Fed rejected (originally)? I cannot resubmit CA until I get a rejection from CA.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

99% of the time, as it was a piggy backed state, it will come back rejected if the Fed was originally rejected. It may take a while for the CA ack to come through. A lot of people have been complaining about it taking longer than usual to hear a response. Once the rejection comes through, just e-file the CA state alone. Should be all set after that.

And yes it is taking a looooooooong time for Ca acks to come back. I still have some from 1/27 and 1/28, however I am starting to get a few coming back today. I think things may have gotten clogged a bit somewhere down the line, but oh well my clients already know it's any body's guess as to when to expect the state refund anyway!

Deb!