ATX Community

New Computer

Janitor Bob

I have ATX Max installed on home computer, laptop, and office computer for my three installs. I purchased a new computer as a replacement for my home computer. Can I install ATX on it? It would be the 4th install....but I am no longer using the home computer...which was install # 1....anybody else experience this situation?

I sure would not think I would need to pay again?!

its easy, for the prior 3-4 years you can simple save prgram file to a flash drive and move to new machine. once on the new machine you have to find a file for netsetup.exe and that will transfer the registration to your new puter. tech support talked me through the first year and i moved all the prior years. Everything seems to transfer except the manager customizations you might have made.

1 disadvantage is now you have to sign in each time you open the program but thats minor compared to having to reinstall all the years, back-up the clients and reinstall, etc.

I have ATX Max installed on home computer, laptop, and office computer for my three installs. I purchased a new computer as a replacement for my home computer. Can I install ATX on it? It would be the 4th install....but I am no longer using the home computer...which was install # 1....anybody else experience this situation?

I sure would not think I would need to pay again?!

It's not three INSTALLS, JB, its three USERS. You can put it on as many computers as you want to, as long as you have only three or fewer USERS you are fine.

you are kidding me. right? i was only told its 3 machines and have been going in circles deciding which machine to use for my third- since this year i want a few others to assist me and i don't want to set it up on a network.

Thanks KC

KC is correct. It is 3 users and not 3 computers. Last year when I replaced my laptop, I just installed again and imported all tax returns for all the years without any problems. I have ATX on my server, desktop and laptop. Devm

KC is correct. It is 3 users and not 3 computers. Last year when I replaced my laptop, I just installed again and imported all tax returns for all the years without any problems. I have ATX on my server, desktop and laptop. Devm

SWEET....Here I was gettin all worked up for nothing!.....and you don't wanna get me all worked up.....Its a frikkin mess!