ATX Community

PDF Email

Eli

How do we send a tax return as a PDF file?

Thanks!

Eli

Hi Eli:

Create the return as a PDF using the method in the program. While creating it, you will be asked where to save it. Save it where you can later find it. Open your email client and send the PDF as an attachment.

Hi Eli:

Create the return as a PDF using the method in the program. While creating it, you will be asked where to save it. Save it where you can later find it. Open your email client and send the PDF as an attachment.

I can't seem to find the option to create the return as a PDF. Is it somewhere on the tool bar?

Thanks!

You might want to consider adding some security to it if you are going to email it. The way I do that, is to open the pdf file in adobe acrobat, not the reader program, but the full strength acrobat program. You can then save it, and add the standard security to it which allows you to add passwords for opening the pdf and for allowing or disallowing changes to it.

Actually I thought it had worked, but it didn't. Do I need To download PDF Factory off of the software cd?

Thanks

Can't help you there, I didn't do anything special when I originally loaded the software. I just assumed that the PDF maker was a part of the installation process. I've never "loaded" PDF maker separately.

Once you click on the PDF function on the print manager and you have chosen where to save the file, the mouse pointer will turn to an hourglass while the return is being PDFed --- do nothing until your pointer turns back to its normal arrow. You can then navigate to the place you saved the file and open it by double clicking it. Adobe should open and the file should be there to read.

Can't help you there, I didn't do anything special when I originally loaded the software. I just assumed that the PDF maker was a part of the installation process. I've never "loaded" PDF maker separately.

Once you click on the PDF function on the print manager and you have chosen where to save the file, the mouse pointer will turn to an hourglass while the return is being PDFed --- do nothing until your pointer turns back to its normal arrow. You can then navigate to the place you saved the file and open it by double clicking it. Adobe should open and the file should be there to read.

I did that and after 4-5 mins had to shut down the program with task manager. The hour glass came on, but it didn't complete the job, unless maybe I need to wait a little longer :-)

Eli

If you are still using a computer with older ATX programs it will have PDF factory as one of your printers. I always print the return using PDF Factory as the printer. You can then save it on your computer, then send an email with the PDF of the return as an attachment.

The PDF button on the current ATX program does not seem to work very well for me either.

The hour glass came on, but it didn't complete the job, unless maybe I need to wait a little longer :-)

Eli

Sometimes, depending on the size of the file, it'll take a while...be patient my friend.