ATX Community

Fellow Pennsyvanians . . . IRS Cleared

elfling

We have an increasing amount of state returns sitting in the E-file Manager as IRS Cleared. I asked ATX support via email to check on 5 from the 1/20. They replied with information that those 5 are accepted and they would be re-hung to adjust the status. Still waiting. Now there are quite a few more.

Is it just us or are other PA preparers waiting on ack updates?

Elfling & ElvenPrincess

All of our PA returns and 4 of our NY are still showing IRS cleared, so I called ATX this afternoon. Jessica assured us that she would rehang the PA returns and we could receive ack or sync and easily solve our problem. We called back 2 hours after we did not receive her confirming e-mail and she had to send me a second e-mail because the first did not come through. We followed instructions and ack/sync did not update the accepted PA returns. So....we called again and again waited on hold and again had to answer basic screening questions and this time Jennifer told us that "upper management" had informed her that the IRS was holding certain e-files (what????????). Clearly she didn't have a clue and would not pass us on, so we called again. Finally got through to Tristan in tech support who finally figured out that Jessica had rehung the PA/NY incorrectly and that it would take him about 2 hours to fix the problem. I am hopeful that the problem will be solved by tomorrow morning.

They have to rehang the returns (whatever that is), but apparently support is not well trained this year because I have had several complications from "help" from customer support.

I don't know why this happened, but tech support can fix it. Good luck.