ATX Community

Reject Code 505

Gloria

I have two returns for two brothers that got rejected. They received a W-2 and 1099 for wages and other income that are the result of a lawsuit against Dollar Tree. The W-2 and 1099 are for Calendar Year 2008 and the taxpayers no longer work for Dollar Tree. Have any of you had this problem before and if so, did you have to file paper returns.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0505 o Employer Identification Number (SEQ 0040) of Form W-2 and/or W-2GU, or Payer Identification

Number (SEQ 0026) of Form W-2G, or Payer Identification Number (SEQ 0050) of Form 1099-R or

Company/Trust Identification Number (SEQ 0120) of Form 2439 was issued in the current

processing year.

I had a client who did some housecleaning and babysitting for a client. After prodding, the employer furnished her a W-2. It rejected for the same reason you listed. The employer did not get the EIN until after the 1st of that year. In my case, it had to be paper filed.

I have two returns for two brothers that got rejected. They received a W-2 and 1099 for wages and other income that are the result of a lawsuit against Dollar Tree. The W-2 and 1099 are for Calendar Year 2008 and the taxpayers no longer work for Dollar Tree. Have any of you had this problem before and if so, did you have to file paper returns.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0505 o Employer Identification Number (SEQ 0040) of Form W-2 and/or W-2GU, or Payer Identification

Number (SEQ 0026) of Form W-2G, or Payer Identification Number (SEQ 0050) of Form 1099-R or

Company/Trust Identification Number (SEQ 0120) of Form 2439 was issued in the current

processing year.

I had the exact same situation and you will not be able to get it to clear so paper file seems to be the only option.

Deb!