ATX Community

NT / Pastor wanting to deduct his clothes

RitaB

Pastor wanted to deduct his suits he wears to church.

Me: Are they robes or something otherwise not suitable for wear elsewhere?

Pastor: Well, no, they're just business suits, but I only wear them to church, not like I'm going to Wal-Mart in them or anything.

Guess who I ran into in Wal-Mart after church Sunday? Very nice suit, BTW.

My previous pastor (who always faithfully reported income from Weddings, Funerals, Revivals, etc) used to joke about how people were always asking him what's "average" for these events. He would tell me he wanted to reply "The average is about $40, but hardly anybody ever pays average."

My previous pastor (who always faithfully reported income from Weddings, Funerals, Revivals, etc) used to joke about how people were always asking him what's "average" for these events. He would tell me he wanted to reply "The average is about $40, but hardly anybody ever pays average."

Good one!

Thankfully, the pastor who just brought his stuff today has exemplary records. I don't think he would knowingly do anything dishonest in a million years. It's a pleasure to prepare his returns. He even apologized for being so late, said, "Put me on the bottom of your stack, if you get an extension, that's just fine with me."

His return will get done before April 15, or nobody's will.