ATX Community

Massachusetts Schedule HC

Catherine

Chances are no one else has run into this as there don't seem to be many Mass. folks on the forum. But there is a huge problem with the Mass Sch. HC (the *&^%$ health care proof). Things go fine as long as taxpayers have full-year health insurance. Ran into one a while back that didn't but it was a part-year residence and I over-rode where necessary to make it come out properly and correctly.

But now I have a full-year resident who just didn't have insurance. I need eleven separate over-rides to get this bleepity-bleep-bleeping form to work according to instructions. Numbers that are supposed to flow from the Federal form just don't. The jump-to bunny (where it exists) jumps to the right place -- but the numbers don't flow through. And to enter those figures requires an over-ride. Then when I get to the penalty worksheets, I have to over-ride everything in sight! I understand not being able to get every little link right, but for goodness' sake I shouldn't have to over-ride to get the right data in there when they haven't put the links in!

GRRRR!!!!!!!

:angry:

Catherine

I've seen that form and it's a nightmare. Only time I've had a problem was when I overrode a box. Use the worksheets and DON'T override and it works.

I did a MA non-resident, and I hope I never do another one. There was no way to come out without losing money or my client on that one. I don't think everything links up properly even if you do use all the worksheets. Of course, I may have been missing something that should have been obvious, it happens, especially to me!

I've seen that form and it's a nightmare. Only time I've had a problem was when I overrode a box. Use the worksheets and DON'T override and it works.

I had to over-ride _the worksheets_ to get it to come out right. And THEN I had to over-ride the form on page 2 where it bounces you off to the worksheets; the required checkboxes would not check!

Typical Massachusetts situation: ill-conceived, ill-implemented, ill-presented, and administered by the wrong agency!