ATX Community

ERRON ON ADDRESS

GeorgeM

I HAVE A CLIENT THAT A WRONG ADDRESS WENT ON THE RETURN AND SHE IS WAITING FOR A CHECK.

IS THERE ANY TELEPHONE NUMBER I CAN CALL TO CORRECT THIS, OR A FAX NUMBER WHERE I CAN SEND A FORM 8822.

THANK YOU

If she is excepting a refund and the refund was already mailed out, it can take a couple of months before the IRS and re-issue her a new check. Have her submit the change of address as soon as possible or even try speaking to an agent to over the phone. I had this happened once before, client closed bank account and changed address and didn't tell me, until he notice his direct deposit didn't go through, I told him okay, the IRS shoud send you a paper check if your account was closed, and he asked me, do you know if they are going to send it to me to my new address? Anyway, the IRS had to wait for the check 3 months before they could issue a new check to the right address. Did your client inform you about the address change, if not let the take care of it and go through all the hassle.