ATX Community

NT - How to?

L.S.

How do you post a small picture here? I have a picture I would like to post here - it is located in photobucket and also under my pictures on computer.

Thanks

In the "post new topic" (and the reply as well), at the bottom, on the right hand side, UNDER the box where you type there is a "manage current attachments" box, and under that is a BLANK box with a "browse" box next to it. Use the browse to find the picture, and then upload. Eric has given us lots of storage space (thanks, Eric), but you might still want to double check the picture file size first; some programs (and some pictures) make huge files that can be made smaller by reducing color numbers and other ways.

Catherine

Also, if the picture is already hosted up on photobucket, you can avoid having to upload it again by using the image button in the toolbar of the post editor, which looks like this:

It'll ask you for the address that points to your picture, which you can find on almost any website by right clicking on the pic, and choosing "copy image location" in firefox or choosing "properties" in internet explorer and copying the whole website address from the box that pops up.

Also, sites like Photobucket usually also have a feature that lets you find out the link so that you can share it on forums or e-mail.

Once you have the address copied, you can paste it when prompted by the forum when you click the above mentioned image button.