ATX Community

Payroll Software?

ILLMAS

I have a client that uses Fund-EZ, this program does not have the capability to do payroll, so they use QB just for the payroll. QB yearly payroll service fee is getting expensive every year, so I am wondering what program is out there to do payroll? I am looking for a program that is not expensive, prints out pay stubs, allows to prepare quarterly returns, and year end filings (W-2's, 1099's etc....)

Thanks

Medlin Payroll does everything but the 1099s. $45 per year.

Thanks, I just downloaded the trail version, however I don't see any vacation or sick time tracking on the demo nor do I see any refference to the program keeping track of it. Can someone that uses Medlin, inform me if the software keeps track of vacationa and sick time?

Thanks

Couple of things...

Medlin Payroll has been $50 per year for a few years (sorry Gene...)

It is correct we do not track/calculate/report/pay sick or vacation. Tried coming up with such a system many years ago. The configuration and setup was more complicated than the entire program. Why? There is no required/standard method of sick/vacation earning/tracking/payment - each employer can come up with nearly anything they want... It is possible that each employee could have their own settings as well.

Since we try not to be the complicated program that can do all for all, we dropped the idea pretty quickly.