ATX Community

Google Chrome

L.S.

Eric - others -

Comments, please

From my perspective, I'll just have to see how it plays out. I understand it will be for net books at first. Later, maybe desktops. It'll take a lot to dethrone MS. A big question for me is the applications and compatibility. Similar to the Mac/Windows differences.

How many small desktop users are using Linux? How many of our apps are practical with Linux?

From my perspective, I'll just have to see how it plays out. I understand it will be for net books at first. Later, maybe desktops. It'll take a lot to dethrone MS. A big question for me is the applications and compatibility. Similar to the Mac/Windows differences.

How many small desktop users are using Linux? How many of our apps are practical with Linux?

Google Chrome is an internet browser.

If I didn't depend so heavily on a few web development firefox extensions, I might use Chrome as my main browser. If you regularly use something besides IE and don't have problems, then you probably wont have any issues using Chrome.

It's just those few websites that require Internet Explorer that'll still give you a headache.

I like the minimal interface quite a bit. I suggest installing it to see how you like it, it's quite easy to install and uninstall.

Randall is talking about the recent news that Google is working on a new operating system called Chrome OS.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/int...-chrome-os.html

I really prefer Chrome to the other options, but as mentioned, some sites will not allow it, or, like my credit union, will let you in with Chrome, but will not let you access some parts of the site. But for those that do, as this community does, it is great. Built in spell check, that 'learns' words not in the standard set, easy font change that does not distort the window as some do, and very fast.