ATX Community

CA Preparers - Warning - Sales Tax forms not updated

BulldogTom

It's still good to know how it needs to be taken care of, Tom. So I'm sure your post will be helpful to some others. Thank God I do not have to fool with CA sales tax. And that SNI bought the CFS CA Sales Tax program, so they get it right now.

Actually, the District Schedule A-1 appears to be out of date. I ended up doing the return by hand anyways. I could not find an updated district tax schedule in the software. With all the changes to the sales tax rates and new district taxes, this was the most complicated Quarterly Sales Tax return I have ever done. Trying to coordinate the increases in our accounting software with the changes in the sales tax return was a bear. Even though we have one contract that was in place prior to April 1, I could not find a way to adjust the Sales Tax, and the instructions were no help. It was only a few dollars and I just paid the difference rather than pick a fight with the state.

Ahhhh, the joys of living in paradise. IOU's, disfunctional government, overbearing employer regulations. Paradise.

Tom

Lodi, CA

>>the joys of living in paradise<<

Don't knock dysfunctional government. I usually buy my new harps from a certain online company out of KC because they don't collect California sales tax. Last week I was visiting my brother in Washington so I changed my delivery address. Hey, that kicked in sales tax--Washington recently joined that multi-state tax group. Dadgum efficient government cost me ten bucks!

Oh well, at least my old lady didn't find out, which was my main purpose.