ATX Community

OT? Sure is!

SunTaxMan

Bill Cosby has a great way of distilling things. Looks like he's done it again!

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE.

HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1) 'Press 1 for English' is immediately banned. English is the official language; speak it or wait at the border until you can.

(2) We will immediately go into a two year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports. We will use the 'Wal-Mart 'S policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.'

(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.

(4) All retired military personnel will be required to man one of our many observation towers on the southern border (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.

(5) Social security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't getting nuttin out. The president nor any other politician will be able to touch it.

(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a passing grade.

(7) Professional Athletes--Steroids. The FIRST time you check positive you're banned for life.

(8) Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more life sentences. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim; gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9) One export will be allowed, Wheat. The world needs to eat. A bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(10) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes.. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.

(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress.

(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

If I stepped on anyone's toes, tough....

GOD BLESS AMERICA .

Bill Cosby

You might want to forward this to everyone you know, no matter which side of the fence they're on.

Oh my, where to begin? Well, I guess number 1, "wait at the border." That won't help the natural born-in-USA citizens for whom Spanish or one of a dozen other languages is their native tongue. And since they constitute a large block of votes in the South and West, he won't garner many electoral votes there.

#2. If we go to no imports, Wal-Mart will have to come up with a new policy.

Well, he has a few things I disagree with, some rather severely. But, I like his general attitude of taking care of USA first. If we can't be strong and financially healthy and united, then we won't be very efficient at taking care of the rest of the world, anyway! Let's fix this country first. I might vote for him.

Well, he has a few things I disagree with, some rather severely. But, I like his general attitude of taking care of USA first. If we can't be strong and financially healthy and united, then we won't be very efficient at taking care of the rest of the world, anyway! Let's fix this country first. I might vote for him.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/platform.asp

And as with most things that go round and round and round the internet, this piece is NOT by Bill Cosby. Here's the link to snopes with some of its history and background.

Maribeth

>>I'll have to keep looking for a candidate.<<

Too bad we don't know who really wrote this. He would probably make a great politician, what with his ability to get his ideas out there without actually signing off on any of them personally.

And he has a little bit for everybody, too. Even a rabid liberal can buy into the education-for-welfare deal. It recognizes the fact that our economy can never provide a path off welfare into employment, because entry-level jobs don't pay enough to support a family on. And I'm sure the proposal implies childcare will be paid for while the parents are in class. Easy to implement too, since the vast majority of welfare recipients are children who are already full-time students anyway, right?

He might lose a few votes from the men and women who already fulfilled their military obligation and are now called back to combat duty, but veterans are used to being mistreated.

My favorite is the wheat thing. Just imagine if wheat were the principal commodity in international trade! China and Europe, who each produce twice as much as us, would love it! And it would be a big boost to Iran, Turkey, and Pakistan too--they are all top producers, as is Russia. No worry about Pakistan at least, since India also harvests more than America. I'm not sure about that oil for wheat deal though. Wheat is only five bucks now, but oil is twelve times that. When oil goes black market, the price of food could get pretty scary. You do know our main source of oil is Canada? They aren't that big on wheat consumption there, and already grow far more than they want themselves. But, oh I forgot, we won't be buying oil from them anyway. In fact, we aren't going to buy anything from anybody, so I guess we'll just be giving the wheat away--no, that's the foreign aid we do now but have to stop.

Wow, this guy's good. If he can't be President, maybe he could at least be IRS Commissioner!