ATX Community

One Partner bought the other out....how to handle properly.

Denne

This is something for me. I have one Partner in one LLC that bought out the other. This LLC is basically a Rental house and also a Commercial building. They have owned these properties for more than 15 years.

The other LLC....same former partners is a Repair business. Also owned for the same period of time.

Am I responsible for providing the partner that sold, his part of the business, with cost of properties and business equipment.

I have shown the transaction as a Cash Distribution.....that is how I view it.... however the remaining partner did form another LLC for the Rental properties and formed a Corporation for the Repair business.

This seems overly simple....makes me think I am missing something

Thanks!

KC, I know what Deb meant. It was showing up in the VMS forum a couple of days ago.

Bonnie

KC it showed up under VMS and indicated it had been moved there. I responded simply to draw attention to it in hopes that it could be moved back. It was obvious it didn't belong on that forum.

I guess I should have been clearer.

Deb!