ATX Community

LLC in not good standing

ILLMAS

TP sister's LLC did not submit it's annual report, so it was dissolve, now the LLC name is up for grabs, TP wants to open a new LLC witht the same name, then sell it back to the sister. The cost to reinstate the LLC would be around 2K vs 500 to create a new one, there is no FEIN# assocaited with this LLC, I recommended just to make it active again and pay the 2K, but he asked me to look into it to see if it's possible. So if anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate it, not looking into breaking any law here, TP see it as when someone buys your R/E taxes and then sell back at a profit.

In some states, the name of an administratively dissolved entity is not avaliable for 3-5 years. The only way to reactivate the exact same name is to go through their reinstatement process. You may want to check with your Sec of State (or whatever department administers LLC's) to determine if it's even possible to follow the "new LLC" route.