ATX Community

My friend's lap top might be dieing

Lucho

My friend's is worried about not affording buying a new computer right away. Her lap top begun restarting itself several times during the week. She says when the lap top is on all of sudden the screen becomes blue; a message comes for about two seconds and then it restart automatically. Her ATX Software Program might come this week. She started her practice last year without luck but she will try again this coming season.

Can anyone with experience tell us if there is anything possible to do to fix it?

Last year I took one of my desk tops computer to Office Depot for a “Free Tune-Up” but they messed it up, so I would not recommend my friend to go anywhere (unless she decides on her own)

Thank you in advance and May God bless this forum.

Lucho

My friend's is worried about not affording buying a new computer right away. Her lap top begun restarting itself several times during the week. She says when the lap top is on all of sudden the screen becomes blue; a message comes for about two seconds and then it restart automatically. Her ATX Software Program might come this week. She started her practice last year without luck but she will try again this coming season.

Can anyone with experience tell us if there is anything possible to do to fix it?

Last year I took one of my desk tops computer to Office Depot for a “Free Tune-Up” but they messed it up, so I would not recommend my friend to go anywhere (unless she decides on her own)

Thank you in advance and May God bless this forum.

Lucho

Sometimes when I have a problem with my stand-a-lone computer, I will do the following to my Windows XP: Click on start, than click on all programs, than click on Accessories, than click on system tools, than click on system restore. I will pick a date in system restore when my computer worked ok before the problem started. But you should only do one system restore in any particular day. Let me know if this helps!

The first thing to do is to find out what error message she gets when the computer blue screens. She first needs to right click on my computer, properties, Advanced, look for "starup and recovery" and click on settings, uncheck "automatically restart" and OK. On the dual monitor post, I gave some recommendations that could help.

The first thing to do is to find out what error message she gets when the computer blue screens. She first needs to right click on my computer, properties, Advanced, look for "starup and recovery" and click on settings, uncheck "automatically restart" and OK. On the dual monitor post, I gave some recommendations that could help.

Pacun, is there a way to hold the system on to try to read the message? my friend says it happen so fast with no time to read it.

Thank you.

I will be back this evining to check for any other post.

Lucho

Tell her to back up her files right away!!!! On a FLASH DRIVE or other separate media. It's probably going to die on her real soon. I'd advise that she take it NOW to a good computer repairman, who can do a backup first then check out the system and decide if it needs a new hard drive, or there are other problems. And remember, new computers are quite cheap right now.