ATX Community

Jackson Hewitt in RAL Trouble from Bank Partner

JRS

SBBT is what CCH/ATX uses for FeeCollect - there is an announcement on the SBBT site saying they hope everything works out for RAL/RT. I'm already enrolled and accepted for FeeCollect (only) at SBBT...wonder how this is going to all work out?

The SBBT buyout makes absolutely no difference this year. It's like when your home mortgage company sells your mortgage to a different company. You keep making payments, you keep your house, the terms remain the same, etc... Effectively no change. You just send your bills to a new address. Same thing with SBBT, if you have them as your bank you might have to sign new documents but nothing is going to change this tax year. What they do beyond this tax year is an unknown, just as if they had not been sold. Incidentally, they're keeping the same management team, the same facilities, and the same employees. So this really is a change in name only as far as we as preparers are concerned.

But don't take my word for it, just read the announcement on their very own homepage.

https://cisc.sbbtral.com/index.aspx

The SBBT buyout makes absolutely no difference this year...

...So this really is a change in name only as far as we as preparers are concerned.

But don't take my word for it, just read the announcement on their very own homepage.

https://cisc.sbbtral.com/index.aspx

Can anyone say De Ja Vue? CCH said all the same things when it acquired ATX. Now it is clear history how that went... dunno.gif

Just call me a skeptic, but has anyone heard anything from William (Bill) Trasker who was such a major customer service person extordinare... I'm just sayin....