ATX Community

Just a little venting

Maribeth

I have been following the comments on this board about the changes to the depreciation section of ATX and I thought, well, it might be time to transfer everyone to the Fixed Assets Manager.

I called a sales person named Robin on the 14th of December. Had a very pleasant talk with her. She assured me that a demo disk of the manager would be sent to me that day. I would get the disk before Christmas, have a chance to play around with it and then we would have a web demo on Monday, the 28th.

So . . . . . . by 12/22/09, the disk had not arrived. Robin was gone for the entire Christmas week. I spoke with a nice salesperson, Chris, who could not find that the disk had every been sent. So she assured me that she would get the disk out to me, second-day delivery, so that I would get it sometime during the weekend after Christmas, and be able to review it before my web demo with Robin.

Monday, 12/28/09, came. No disk. No phone call from Robin. Then I received an email from her, saying that she had tried to call me but all they had was my fax number. Hmmm. . . . . . .

I emailed her back, told her I wasn't very happy, and I could not understand why she did not have my telephone number, as I have been an ATX customer for 10 years now and I have had the same telephone number for all of those years, in fact, I have had the same telephone number for 27 years.

She emailed me back and send me a link so that I could update my customer contact info. As ALL of my contact information was on the email I had sent her, I deleted her email and did not reply. She can kiss my a**.

As of today, Wednesday 12/30/09, still no demo disk. So what is going on back there??? This is the first real trouble I have had in communicating with CCH since their takeover. Does anyone have a direct contact that I could contact in order to get the demo disk shipped to me. Even thought CCH doesn't seem to want my business, I still would like to look at the fixed asset manager before tax season gets too hectic.

Sorry for the long posting. I was hoping venting here might make me feel better ----

Maribeth

Whoa! Hold on there Nellie! I have had nothing but excellent service from Robin (IF this is the same Robin). The fact that you did not receive the disk probably has more to do with the postal service and/or the shipping department of ATX and the influence of the holiday than it does with Robin. She can only request the mailing, she does not do them. I do understand your frustration, but you are dealing with some extraneous influences here. Take a deep breath and try to look at the software, when you can, with a non-jaded attitude. I think you will like it. I have been using Creative Solutions Fixed Asset Manager for the past thirteen years and just this past summer decided to move to ATX's Fixed Asset Manager. I have not been disappointed.

I'm probably not going to make you feel better. In my other line of work I do a lot of business with small companies, most of which eventually grow into bigger companies or are bought out by their competition. It is a 100% certainty that the "economies of scale" they brag about will always be squeezed out at the expense of customer service at all levels - never fails. The new management always sends out emails and letters about how much their customers mean to them and nothing significant will change, while at the same time they're handing out pink slips.

They can usually pull this off due to two important reasons: 1) the growth process eliminates competition so the customer has less choices, most of which are just as big and just as impersonal as the existing company; or 2) the new team functions as "seagull managers". They fly around making a lot of noise, crap on all their employees & customers, collect their bonuses, and then move on to the next buyout, leaving it to somebody else to clean up the mess behind them. The mess rarely gets cleaned up.

However, none of this means that you should or shouldn't do business with the new company. I generally resign myself to accepting a lower level of customer service and focusing strictly on the performance of the product. Not because I like it or approve of it, but because that's just the way the business world works.

Hmmmm, makes you wonder if there is a lurker or three out there. Methinks your vent in this place may have resulted in this positive response. I hope "they" are out there, "listening" and thoughtfully responding when appropriate. At least you got good news this time and, by golly, hold Gill accountable! And let us know the next chapter.