ATX Community

Conversion Issue

jmallard

Hi,

Does anyone know of a program that will convert TRX data to ATX ?

Last year I went to TRX for my tax software because I could not afford ATX. I only have 50 customers and it was just not worth the money for ATX. I used ATX since 1998.

When TRX offered ATX software for 2009 at the same price as TRX, I opted to go back to ATX. My problem is how to or if the is a way to convert my 2008 customer info to ATX for 2009.

ATX sent me an archive CD for the 2008 Tax Year, but of course, I do not have an installation code for 2008 software. If I did, I could just convert my 2007 data to 2008 and then convert my 2008 data to 2009.

Anyone have any ideas.

I'm on hold now with TRX to see if they have an answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry

If you log into your MyATX account, you can get the install codes for the 2008 Archive CD they sent. It turns out the login is the same we used last year to get into the TRX Taxwise support site. We kept the same customer number. The conversion for 2008 (so you can pull it into 2009) is on that site as well. I don't remember if the conversion from last year is there, too or not. Be careful when following their conversion instructions. It looks like they edited the instructions from the prior year but there were one or 2 places where they didn't change the year.

I hope that helps.