ATX Community

Combining return cover sheet Fdl. and Ste. in one Pge.

Lucho

I want to have the cover sheet letter combined Fdrl. and Ste. in one page, but forgot how to do it in the program.

I would appreciate anybody's help giving me the instructions.

Thank.

Lucho

Do you mean Client letter? If so, go to Fed client letter, open, click on options then look for "combine" state and fed or words to that affect.

This is from memory as I'm not at the office.

Without a return open, go to "Modify Masters", then open the "FederaL Client Letters". Select the cover sheet tab and change the wording. Then "Save Masters", then "Close Masters" tab

This will only chamge the Master for any return which does't have the "Federal Client Letter" open already. I find that after making changes of this type, I have to delete the Federal Client Letter for any client for whom it's already open, then add it. After donig this, the changes to the master will show up.

This is from memory as I'm not at the office.

Without a return open, go to "Modify Masters", then open the "FederaL Client Letters". Select the cover sheet tab and change the wording. Then "Save Masters", then "Close Masters" tab

This will only chamge the Master for any return which does't have the "Federal Client Letter" open already. I find that after making changes of this type, I have to delete the Federal Client Letter for any client for whom it's already open, then re-open it.

I got it but the problem now is that I do not find the way to center the wording in the middle (is showing on the left side) and the three aligment tabs don't look to funtion in this situation. Even though I center the wording by myself when opening the real letter it still will show on the left.

I will continue trying. Wish me luck.

Lucho

I got it but the problem now is that I do not find the way to center the wording in the middle (is showing on the left side) and the three aligment tabs don't look to funtion in this situation. Even though I center the wording by myself when opening the real letter it still will show on the left.

Lucho

Good Luck! I think the problem is that the program is based on excel so doesn't function well with the letter formats like if in "word." :dunno:

Lucho

Can't remember how I did it since I'm not at the computer, but it's possible.

I only changed one word - I think I changed "Federal" to "Income Tax".

Alignment should stay the same, but if not then I'm thinking there is a "Center" icon at the top of the screen.