ATX Community

I received my first Acks! (Anyone receive one from California)

Tax Prep by Deb

I just picked up my two fed acks, everything seems to be going smooth this year. Last year California e-files were held hostage for several days, I was just wondering if anyone has received acks from California yet?

Deb!

I already got Federal but waiting for CA.

Lucho

One thing to remember. The normal process is that the state efile is not released to the state until the Fed return is Acked, on piggyback returns. This is so if there is a problem on the return, you can fix it on the federal and not have to fix anything on the state, since the state will not get anything until it's gone through on the fed level. This is a good thing, although it does mean the state will always be behind the federal, time wise, on piggyback returns.

One thing to remember. The normal process is that the state efile is not released to the state until the Fed return is Acked, on piggyback returns. This is so if there is a problem on the return, you can fix it on the federal and not have to fix anything on the state, since the state will not get anything until it's gone through on the fed level. This is a good thing, although it does mean the state will always be behind the federal, time wise, on piggyback returns.

KC,

California is a direct state, no piggyback. This happened last year and it took them forever, with their usual excuses. I was wishing it would be different this year.

Deb!

Still waiting for California acks to come in. According to ATX site, they will begin posting today.

I was concerned about a couple of mine as they are still just showing transmitted to EFC. These were the first two I sent and all my others show transmitted to agency.

I posted on the other community and someone gave me another way to check so I will post the link for any who want to know about a return e-file to California.

https://webapp.ftb.ca.gov/getack/ack.aspx

I couldn't get the link on the other community to take me there, but I cut and pasted the address and got right in. You will need SS# and e-file DCN.

Hope this helps to relieve someone elses stress! So far so good for me!

Deb!

Still waiting for California acks to come in. According to ATX site, they will begin posting today.

I was concerned about a couple of mine as they are still just showing transmitted to EFC. These were the first two I sent and all my others show transmitted to agency.

I posted on the other community and someone gave me another way to check so I will post the link for any who want to know about a return e-file to California.

https://webapp.ftb.ca.gov/getack/ack.aspx

I couldn't get the link on the other community to take me there, but I cut and pasted the address and got right in. You will need SS# and e-file DCN.

Hope this helps to relieve someone elses stress! So far so good for me!

Deb!

Just curious, Deb. Is California delaying taxpayer refunds this year like they did last year?

Booger

Just curious, Deb. Is California delaying taxpayer refunds this year like they did last year?

Booger

So far the answer is no! But we still have a budget mess and the state made some changes last year that will effect those who are filing this year. So far the ones hit the hardest are those with dependents and those who have cancelled debt due to a foreclosure or shortsale on their primary residence. The last couple of year 07, and 08 the state went with fed's program, not so this year. So I know we are going to have some verrrrrrry unhappy people this year.

Deb!