ATX Community

Efile Rejections

ajuroff

I replied to this post but don't know where it went. :dunno:

No, none of the returns had anything to do with Social Security or Pension.

Anyway, after giving up from waiting on hold with support for half an hour, I found

this on the website. This is what the error is "supposed" to mean:

(quote)

When Making Work Pay/Government Retiree Credit is significant, must equal

making work pay and government retiree credits of Schedule M. (/quote)

I have no idea what that means.

So, I updated all my forms again from the website (I really don't think my

update is working thru the program itself) and saved the returns again. All the

returns I efiled had the same rejection error. I have efiled them again and am

hoping it had to do with a form update.

I replied to this post but don't know where it went. :dunno:

No, none of the returns had anything to do with Social Security or Pension.

Anyway, after giving up from waiting on hold with support for half an hour, I found

this on the website. This is what the error is "supposed" to mean:

(quote)

When Making Work Pay/Government Retiree Credit is significant, must equal

making work pay and government retiree credits of Schedule M. (/quote)

I have no idea what that means.

So, I updated all my forms again from the website (I really don't think my

update is working thru the program itself) and saved the returns again. All the

returns I efiled had the same rejection error. I have efiled them again and am

hoping it had to do with a form update.

UPDATE: Well, all were Transmitted to ECF and are now in Transmitted to Agency Status.

That's a good sign. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm only guessing here, but I think the error means that the amount on the 1040 for the credit must match the amount on Sch M. If you did an override on the 1040, or the amount from the Sch M isn't flowing, then you could get this error. Maybe?

Nope, no override and the amount is flowing correctly. That's why I'm scratching my head here. I updated the status of the situation below. (guess that would be above now) Hopefully I have solved the problem. (except the problem of the forms not updating directly through the program and having to go to the website and download them) ughhh...

How many rejected efiles are we talking about? If more than one, you are doing something wrong. Nothing wrong with the program. We all have efiled with no problems.

As of this morning, it was 9 returns. I've been efiling for many, many years and am not doing

anything different. I'm updating the program through the web and will try again before I have

to go back to work in an hour. I have some returns that have went through with no problem, trying

to find something in common with the ones that have been rejected. Also on hold with tech support. Always a joy.

On the rejected returns, were they people who get SS? And if so, did you show the $250 they got on the Sch M? Although the SSA form does not show the $250, the IRS does have the amount that was paid out by them, and if you do not enter it, the IRS will reject the return because it's claiming too much credit on the return.

On the rejected returns, were they people who get SS? And if so, did you show the $250 they got on the Sch M? Although the SSA form does not show the $250, the IRS does have the amount that was paid out by them, and if you do not enter it, the IRS will reject the return because it's claiming too much credit on the return.

Well, strangly, I efiled 10 returns that night and the ONE return that I did

show the $250 (only filer who received it) is the only return that actually went

through. They are going through now ok. It's an update problem in my program. I

can choose automatic and it says everything is updated, but it actually isn't.

Support told me it's a "dial-up" thing. (will tell you it's updated when it really isn't) I update everything from the web now and seems to be working. I was getting

frustrated as I had never had this problem before. And I was confused because of the

one return that was accepted. (before I updated and resent everything back through)

All is well now. (I know, I shouldn't say that) Having a drink and relaxing now. No more

returns for me tonight.

Thanks for trying to help me figure this out KC. Much appreciated!!!!

You are welcome. We all have to help each other, even if sometimes the best we can do is to share the problem. At least then we don't feel so frustrated, if we know others have had the same problem. It's early days, and we are all feeling pushed to get things done. I'm surprised, actually, considering all the changes, new credits, etc, that it's going as well as it is.