ATX Community

Support wait times,,,

Eli

What problem are you having? Maybe we can help.

taxbilly

It's a software issue. The form SE form is not matching up to IRS strandards as per IRS EFile desk. Trying to exempt profit from SCH C due to it being Notary Public income. Its been rejected 4 times.

Did you enter the information on the Ln3 tab of the SE form?

Yup sure did, but IRS is saying there's a form issue within the software. The person finally answered & was on the line with them for about 20 mins & she was going to escalate the call but we got disconnected. I figured she would call back, but no luck now i'm on hold again :-(

Over the years I've learned to avoid calling support and using the board whenever I can. Yesterday (Friday)I had a problem where I thought I would need support and had similar problems as Eli. Forty minutes in someone picked up and told me he wasn't from support and he didn't know how my call got routed to him but he would put me directly through to support. Fortyfive minutes later I finally had someone answer. We spent another ninety minutes on the phone and couldn't fix the problem. We finshed with the tech saying he would have someone at a higher level get back to me.

The problem is this; I loaded 2008 and 2009 into a new computer. When I started opening returns I noticed the payer information did not get transferred with the returns. When I select quick entry select payer while filling out w-2s the list is very small. I can solve this by opening every return then opening the w-2 tab and closing each return. This will take a long time,(500)returns. Has anyone encountered this and fixed it? It also seems that once I increase

the list of payers in 2008, only some of them roll over to 2009. I had no problem with rollovers on the computer I use the most but the computer I'm having trouble with is where I will be having someone do a lot of the data entry next week.