ATX Community

1040 EZ - Sch EIC and Sch M?

BulldogTom

OK, working on a 1040 EZ. Single, no kids 30 years old. 1500 in income. 150 in FWH. Qualifies for EIC and MWP credit.

Do I attach the EIC and Shc M? It looks like the 1040EZ is calcing it all without the forms (and that makes sense because it is supposed to be a quick form to fill out). So I am thinking they don't need the schedules.

Sorry for the basic question.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I found that on the Sch. M. after I posted this. What I did not see in the instructions was anything about attaching form EIC. I don't think I need to, because by definition there cannot be children on an EZ, and the calculation is just the wages compared to the EIC table.

At least that is what it looks like to me.

Tom

Lodi, CA

... What I did not see in the instructions was anything about attaching form EIC. I don't think I need to, because by definition there cannot be children on an EZ, and the calculation is just the wages compared to the EIC table.

Right. The Schedule EIC is just for EIC with qualifying children. You don't use it for the no-child EIC even if you file a 1040 or a 1040-A.