ATX Community

Changing to Fee Collect from SBBT

BulldogTom

OK - in the wake of the SBBT debacle, I contacted CCH Customer(non)support and asked if I could move to Fee Collect. They said it was no problem, just sign up from the website. Nothing to do to unenroll from SBBT. So I did the enrollment in Fee Collect on line on Monday. Tuesday we get the enrollment e-mail. Try to add fee collect to a return. Red Errors. Call customer (non) support and they say it was taken care of in an update but they don't know why it did not work for us. Should be fixed any time. It is now Saturday. Three returns are being held up for fee collect. Can't use SBBT either. On the phone for hours. They lost our incident number. Gave us a new incident number. On the phone for hours. They promise to send an e-mail by the end of the day. No e-mails. On the phone for hours.

On hold right now for customer (non) support.

This is the 5th day with this problem.

On hold for hours

and hours

hours

no help

they don't know why

they don't know anything

they can't tell me who does know

They can't escalate to a manager

they can't tell me when they will get to it

They don't know

I hate CCH....I hate bank products....I hate Customer (non) Support hold music.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Tom, I'm assuming that you went into the Bank Manager and clicked on Reports, Enrollment Report, to see what it showed as the status of the Fee Collect, right? Does it show Enrolled as the status and Yes under FeeCollect?

Yes, it says I am enrolled. However, it also says I am enrolled for Bank Products at SBBT. They think that may be the problem. They don't know but bank product support is swamped and customer (non) support is not able to do anything without them.

Tom

Lodi, CA

THAT SUCKS. But in fairness, I think the RAL crisis must have caused them all to be swamped with calls. I'm glad I've never done those. But I know some have to offer them to compete with Blockhead, etc. Still, I bet your clients will mostly stay with you anyway. Once you get the FeeCollect working, that takes away the problem of them needing to pay you directly, which is a big part of the reason many people use the Rals anyway.

I had a problem with the FeeCollect when I first enrolled. I got the email varifiying that I was enrolled, but the program would not let me efile with it. Once I got through to tech support, they told me they would get it fixed, but would have to get through to the bank. That was Friday night. By Sat it was working, and I could efile that return.

OK - in the wake of the SBBT debacle, I contacted CCH Customer(non)support and asked if I could move to Fee Collect. They said it was no problem, just sign up from the website. Nothing to do to unenroll from SBBT. So I did the enrollment in Fee Collect on line on Monday. Tuesday we get the enrollment e-mail. Try to add fee collect to a return. Red Errors. Call customer (non) support and they say it was taken care of in an update but they don't know why it did not work for us. Should be fixed any time. It is now Saturday. Three returns are being held up for fee collect. Can't use SBBT either. On the phone for hours. They lost our incident number. Gave us a new incident number. On the phone for hours. They promise to send an e-mail by the end of the day. No e-mails. On the phone for hours.

On hold right now for customer (non) support.

This is the 5th day with this problem.

On hold for hours

and hours

hours

no help

they don't know why

they don't know anything

they can't tell me who does know

They can't escalate to a manager

they can't tell me when they will get to it

They don't know

I hate CCH....I hate bank products....I hate Customer (non) Support hold music.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I could have written that Tom. I emailed support, was on hold for hours on end, etc. When I emailed them, I received an email back that they would respond within 24-48 hours. I was not happy. I responded to that email with "support is a joke, knowledge base is a joke, waiting 24-48 hours for a response during tax season is a joke, and on and on..." You get it. Within a couple of hours, I received a response that I need to be patient. Now, I could get a response that quickly to tell me to be patient, but I would have to wait up to 2 days to get a response to my problem! I hate waiting on hold for that long. I hate the music too.

For me the answer is simple. Prepare returns - collect the money - eifile the return. I'm lucky that I have over 95% returning customers and with yearly recommends my client base stays around 425. No RALS FEE COLLECTS all the other distractions. I feel blessed with my customer base and the occasional can I pay you when my refund comes. Prepared 437 returns last year only stiffed once. Guess I was supposed to do that one for free. But I won't be doing that one again. After the 15th of April my biggest concern is why am I pushing those tee shots to the right.

For me the answer is simple. Prepare returns - collect the money - eifile the return. I'm lucky that I have over 95% returning customers and with yearly recommends my client base stays around 425. No RALS FEE COLLECTS all the other distractions. I feel blessed with my customer base and the occasional can I pay you when my refund comes. Prepared 437 returns last year only stiffed once. Guess I was supposed to do that one for free. But I won't be doing that one again. After the 15th of April my biggest concern is why am I pushing those tee shots to the right.

Don't you just miss the days of William & Kerry being there. I remember posting things on here & bam! within minutes someone from ATX was calling. Now you call & wait for at least 2 hours before getting to talk to someone.

Eli

Ah, the good ol' days...I do wonder whatever happened to those excellent folks. I hope all are well and somehow know how very much they are/were appreciated.

Like you, Chuck, I don't do RALS, Fee collect, etc. I guess I am fortunate with my clientele, too. So far, knock knock, never been stiffed for an income tax return, only bookkeeping fees...once. That was my fault, however, as I let it go on too long. Never again, lesson learned. To this day I have no idea where she is or whatever happened to her business which used to have international customers.