ATX Community

ATX PDF printer - what's going on?

Catherine

Anybody know what's going on with the ATX pdf printer?

Half my cover sheets (usually but not always state) and my signature pages (8879 & state equivalents) are coming out TOO BIG TO FIT ON ONE PAGE. (Just like the previous words.) And my comparisons are teeny-tiny like they're meant to be in landscape mode but came out portrait instead.

I'm having to print separate files for cover sheets, signature pages, comparisons -- and multiple iterations until they come out right!!! This is NOT workable for an entire season.

Anyone else seen this? Anyone else gotten this FIXED?!?!

Thanks,

Catherine

I noticed the comparison sheets coming out too small. However, I mainly use doPDF instead of the ATX one. The main reason I use it is the smaller file size. But it's been printing the comparison pages correctly and my client letters are on one page. There was one or two that thought they were 2 pages and spit out a blank 2nd page. I just didn't print the blank page when I sent it to the real printer.

I noticed the comparisons coming out very small when converted to pdf but they print fine when sent directly to a printer without converting to a .pdf first.

Are you converting the file to a .pdf and then printing from the created .pdf document? If so, why not just print directly from the program? I only convert to .pdf for storage purposes. But I guess if a client is printing from the .pdf furnished to them then I can see this being an issue.

I noticed the comparisons coming out very small when converted to pdf but they print fine when sent directly to a printer without converting to a .pdf first.

Are you converting the file to a .pdf and then printing from the created .pdf document? If so, why not just print directly from the program? I only convert to .pdf for storage purposes. But I guess if a client is printing from the .pdf furnished to them then I can see this being an issue.

I print from the pdf file because I can't get duplex printing on my printer straight from ATX. I think it's a problem in their coding, as it's been an issue with two different printers over several years. So I go to pdf (which I provide on a CD to the client - no "can I have an extra three copies please" calls), and print duplex from there. I can also watermark from my printer, which is smaller and lighter than the ATX watermark - easier to read and saves toner.

That's another thing -- the ATX watermark (when I've tried it this year) comes out all over the map! Too big, offset to one corner or the other of the paper -- it's just WRONG.

Ah, I see. Well to be honest I avoid duplex printing because it just drives me crazy if they dont come out just right and I wind up with one page containing two different forms. I like the pdf for the same reason you do, as it stops the copy requests. As for the watermark, if you are referring to the "client copy" that prints accross the page, I havent noticed it moving but it is kind of toner heavy.