ATX Community

Delay of tax season????

Kea

>>"H&R Block said 60 percent of its clients..."<<

So THAT'S it! Here I was thinking it's a political fight about balancing the budget or something, but it's really a trick to push more people into RAL's. Well, I did notice that banks have been having a rough time lately and maybe we can solve this sub-prime credit mess if we all just let them skim $79 off each of our refunds.

>>Richard Spires, the deputy IRS commissioner for operations support, said in an interview that the agency is considering not processing all early returns if the AMT issue is not resolved soon.

"We are worried that if we allow certain filers to file that it does not cause a lot of confusion and delay the whole filing system for everyone," he said.

<<

IRS has apparently had enough of Congress' BS! I for one don't blame them!

I have said for years that the smartest people in the world are the people who take the gobbledegook that lawmakers enact and put it on a form that (usually) works well with the return as a whole. If our Senators and Representatives can't pass tax legislation until way into December, how the heck can IRS get its forms adjusted and tested? How are we supposed to stay on top of these changes, when in most cases, we go to tax seminars in October and November?

Everybody needs to tell these elected fools to quit grandstanding and do their "Jay Oh Bee".