ATX Community

Louisiana Preparers

Cathy

FYI:

Many clients have called questioning why their Louisiana refunds weren't direct deposited yet. As you know, normally it takes just 3 to 4 days. I finally sat (49th in the que) and talked with a live person about 2 of my clients....on both she asked "were refunds to be direct deposited?". Yes, both refunds were. She then did something with her computer (I could hear her working) and said tell clients to "allow 5 to 7 business days" and they would have their refunds.

I asked if there is some type of problem with direct deposits and she stated that "well...sometimes there is some maintenance to do or something" and to tell any others who called that they should call their office.

SO IN OTHER WORDS.....There is a problem THAT THEY KNOW ABOUT and aren't doing anything to fix it. No wonder today was the first time I could even get through to hear their line ring....it's been constantly busy!

I have a call in to the LA E-File help desk and IF they call me back, hopefully we can get whatever the problem is fixed.

Frustratedly,

Cathy

FYI:

Many clients have called questioning why their Louisiana refunds weren't direct deposited yet. As you know, normally it takes just 3 to 4 days. I finally sat (49th in the que) and talked with a live person about 2 of my clients....on both she asked "were refunds to be direct deposited?". Yes, both refunds were. She then did something with her computer (I could hear her working) and said tell clients to "allow 5 to 7 business days" and they would have their refunds.

I asked if there is some type of problem with direct deposits and she stated that "well...sometimes there is some maintenance to do or something" and to tell any others who called that they should call their office.

SO IN OTHER WORDS.....There is a problem THAT THEY KNOW ABOUT and aren't doing anything to fix it. No wonder today was the first time I could even get through to hear their line ring....it's been constantly busy!

I have a call in to the LA E-File help desk and IF they call me back, hopefully we can get whatever the problem is fixed.

Frustratedly,

Cathy

Cathy, while I tell my clients that the IRS refund cycle (for e-filed returns with direct deposit) is generally 2- 3 weeks, I NEVER tell them the state refund should appear in their accounts within 3 - 4 days. What I will say is that in most instances the state refund will appear sooner than the federal. So, IMO a 5 - 7 turnaround is still GREAT! And remember last year, or the year before when the state refunds were being issued AFTER the federal?

My 2 cents worth.

Lynn Jacobs, EA, NP

Kenner, LA

Cathy, while I tell my clients that the IRS refund cycle (for e-filed returns with direct deposit) is generally 2- 3 weeks, I NEVER tell them the state refund should appear in their accounts within 3 - 4 days. What I will say is that in most instances the state refund will appear sooner than the federal. So, IMO a 5 - 7 turnaround is still GREAT! And remember last year, or the year before when the state refunds were being issued AFTER the federal?

My 2 cents worth.

Lynn Jacobs, EA, NP

Kenner, LA

Lynn,

Think you missed my point all together! It's NOT a 5 - 7 turnaround from e-filing. It's a 5 - 7 day turnaround AFTER YOU CALL THE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE to inquire about returns that were accepted in January and on 2-4-10 that aren't received. Again, it's only after you call them that they fix whatever has gone wrong on their system that clients will get the refunds within "5 to 7 business days" (of calling them). I NEVER tell them 3 to 4 days either..in fact, my instruction sheet has "USUALLY" sooner than the Federal deposit.....and we know what USUALLY means with our great State.

Cathy