ATX Community

NT-Health Care/Canadian Style

JohnH

"I did not sign away my right to get the best possible health care for myself when I entered politics."

Translation - "The type of care you're entitled to get depends in part on whose ox is being gored."

So the Premier decides HIS health is too important to trust to the Canadian system, although he wants to assure us they're still doing their very best for the common folk, but you know it's just so hard to do at times. Seems he had to choose between fair medical care and great medical care, so he jetted off to the US. But that in no way implies that he doesn't have confidence in the Canadian Health Care System. No, not at all - except it's too inconvenient to use when it's his heart that they're tinkering with.

And his other choice, had he stayed in Canada, would naturally have been to assert his privilege to jump ahead of the common folk for his procedure - just too messy a situation. If I were a Canadian living in Newfoundland and needed a sternotomy, I'd be livid over this one. Next election, his opponent should use the "Gong Show" analogy to its fullest by suggesting the voters ring the gong on this guy at the ballot box. His next gig should be the "unknown comedian" - if he had any decency he'd already be walking around with a bag over his head.

This story has been on Drudge Report for a couple of days, but the mainstream media in the US can't seem to find time to run it. I can't recall when I've seen a blatant hypocrite squirm this much.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5h0QC7bditrEb3wYz_6_b-gsGGDxA

Wonder where our politicians will go when they want the best care after they manage to make our system more like the Canadian system they keep throwing in our faces as an example of what they want to achieve.