ATX Community

NT Refilling the Candy Jar

Jake

I expect the clients to bring ME candy, not the other way around. Although I do have a peppermint candy box on my desk, that I keep mints in. Mostly because I do not want to be accused of 'false advertising' when an unsuspecting client opens it and the mouse jumps out. Yes, I point out, there ARE candies in there........

My grandkids love that candy box, so it stays. Most clients know about it now, of course.

My son told me to keep Jolly Ranchers on my desk, and I have ever since. Works well since I don't like hard candy too much to ignore them. I have some milk chocolate $ coins, too ( I'm Dollars & Sense, LLC) but I prefer dark chocolate. Since all are individually wrapped, clients and I feel safe. And, since neither is my favorite candy, I'm not nibbling all day. When I moved and sent out postcards, one line said, "The Jolly Ranchers are waiting for you!" since a couple of clients had actually called me to make sure I'd still have Jolly Ranchers.