ATX Community

Asset Entry Form - Formulas Don't Save

Crank

I've noticed on the "Asset Entry Form" that when I enter a formula for "Line 17 prior accum depr, etc." the value saves to the field while the return is open but if I close the return the fields are zeroed out upon reopening the return. This has been confirmed by tech support. This is unacceptable that the field acccepts formulas for these fields but doesnt retain them. Tech supports solution is not to use a formula, which is fine if I had known this prior. Im sure I have used formulas in other returns which I have now lost that information. Makes me wonder what other fields in the 1040 program also do this. Check your returns if you use a formula entry method.

I've never used a formula, that I can remember. I'm not clear what your point is in doing that. But what I'd suggest as a fix is that you can do your calculation, input the amount, and then add a 'note' to that field. In the note you can put your formula or whatever info you want to save for that field. Notes do roll over.

I've never used a formula, that I can remember. I'm not clear what your point is in doing that. But what I'd suggest as a fix is that you can do your calculation, input the amount, and then add a 'note' to that field. In the note you can put your formula or whatever info you want to save for that field. Notes do roll over.

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, thats what I have been doing since. But formulas just seemed easier to me. For example if I wanted to input property taxes on Sch A, I would just input them as I went along. (i.e. =1650.26+529.88+326.56) Seemed much easier than adding them up and then inputing the total plus if I returned to the field I could see what I had input to get that amount.