ATX Community

ATX Tech support

SunTaxMan

Had a problem. Called them about 10 AM on a Monday morning - today. I got a person on the line within 2 minutes and problem resolved within about 5 minutes. This is not what I have been hearing about tech support. Did something change?

By the way, problem was one client file in my 2007 program. The file would open but all I got under tabs was a white screen. All other client files (at least the ones I tried) seemed to work fine. Tech support led me through a "purging" of the file and advised I would need to compare a hard copy to the Database folder copy to make sure all was ok.

i have nothing but praise for tech support this year. At least when you email them an issue. As for the phones, well the first level is extremely poorly trained and are so reluctant to bounce an issue to a 2nd tier when we request it. Maybe they really are trying to be helpfull but when they see a caller has been a user for 5-10 years and they ahave only worked there 1 year they should rely on us when we say it has to be escallated.

i have emailed many time and always received prompt and accurate follow ups.

BTW-i used to be such a critic of atx support that william locked me off of the old board a couple of years ago.

This year prosytem support sucks so much that we already set up appointments to review other choices for next year and that is after using pro since its dynatax days in the 80's or 70's.

Can't even begin to agree that Tech support this year is good. Maybe better than last year, but really, that's not saying much!

I still get long hold times, and I still getting tech support people that haven't a clue how to resolve my issues. And I do find it hard to believe my issues are technically more difficult than others out here.

The people that do tech support are very helpful.

However, half of my write-up clients files were lost by them, the use of an & sign in a name is still not allowed by the program, everywhere, the IRS allows the & sign in a name, parts of the ATX program does not.

The problem is the design of the program using the Access (JET) database engine.

The new Form for first time home buyers credit is not updated in the 2007 program making amended returns more difficult.

I still do not have acks for 940, 941 filed in January.